If you are interested in an internship here is some basic information regarding our internship program:
• Professional internships provide the opportunity to work with professional actors, directors, and designers from the Midwest and across the country.
• Most internships involve availability during the school year, thus top priority is given to graduating seniors and those who have already graduated.
• A limited number of summer internships may be available.
• Compensation is a $225/week living stipend plus housing that is provided at no cost to the intern.
• Candidates must audition for the company’s Artistic Director in Amana at general auditions (January 26 and 27, 2013 or at UPTA's). For any candidates planning to be in the Amana area at another time, an audition may be scheduled at a mutually agreeable time by contacting the company’s Artistic Director, Sean McCall, directly email@example.com.
• Interns spend time in many different aspects of theatre. Duties may include building scenery, focusing lights, performing on stage, stage managing, costuming, building props, and working on promotions.
• Specific work schedules are determined according to the needs of the season and vary based upon assignments and duties. The typical work schedule consists of 3 calls per day (Morning, Afternoon, and Evening) Tuesday through Saturday and 2 calls on Sunday (usually Afternoon and Evening unless 3 are needed for specific reasons). Interns receive one day off each week (except during tech weeks).
• Performance opportunities are available in our 302-seat Main Stage theatre, our intimate 65-seat Studio Stage, our Theatre for Young Audiences Main Stage, touring show, and Camp Creamery workshop program.
• Eligible interns can join the Equity Membership Candidacy program (EMC) and earn EMC points for roles in SPT (Small Professional Theatre) Main Stage productions (EMC is not available for Studio or Theatre for Young Audiences productions).
• The Old Creamery is located in historic Amana, Iowa, just 20 minutes from two major cities: Cedar Rapids and Iowa City.
Click here to find out more about the 2013 auditions.
For more information, contact the Artistic Director, Sean McCall at firstname.lastname@example.org